University of Cincinnati Opensim Grid Information
The following information will be needed to configure your viewer to access the University of Cincinnati Opensim campus or for visitors to come to our grid:
Grid Name: University of Cincinnati
Login URI: http://ucsim.uc.edu:8002
Hypergrid Enabled: yes
Center Coords: 9015, 9015
Getting Started – Create An Account
The first step is to create your account on the University of Cincinnati Opensim system.
All users of the University of Cincinnati Opensim Virtual Campus must agree to and abide by the Terms of Service & Acceptable Use Policy. By creating an account and logging into the service, you agree to abide by the conditions outlined in the policy.
Download & Install the Imprudence Viewer
Similar to using a web browser to access pages on the web, users must use a special “viewer” to connect to virtual worlds like Opensim. Download the Imprudence viewer and install it on your machine.
- Imprudence viewer for Windows
- Imprudence viewer for Mac OS X (Intel)
- Imprudence viewer for Linux 32bit or Linux 64bit
After installation, you should see a purple Imprudence icon on your desktop to launch the viewer.
Configure the Viewer & Login
In order to connect to the University of Cincinnati Opensim Grid, you will need to configure the Imprudence viewer with the server information.
- Click the “Grid Manager” button
- Select to “Add New Grid”
- Enter the Grid Name: University of Cincinnati
- Enter the Login URI: http://ucsim.uc.edu:8002
- Click “Get Grid Info” button to pre-populate the remaining fields on the screen
- Click “OK” to save these settings.